"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, August 19, 2013

Camping in Waupaca

We attended a camp about 45 minutes away this time. We kenneled the dogs and fed and watered the chickens plenty to last them 2 days. I ended up dropping Mim off at my friend's farm since she was acting up again and I had decided that she was not going to be allowed to ruin another trip..something she did every time we went on vacation this summer. She told me yesterday that she thought I was bluffing about not letting her go, so it was a good thing I followed through and it was a good thing my friends were there for me so I could do that. She has been much better since we have returned and for the time being she appreciates being here instead of always acting like her life here is so terrible....

I have started speaking with my Pastor's wife, who is a counselor at church. I plan to meet a few times with her so Mim is more willing to see her since she sees me doing it. She has already agreed to go and has admitted she needs help which is a HUGE step since she had been refusing to go for 2+ years.  Hopefully we can get past her lack of trust in me as a parent, so she can take guidance from me without always fighting me every step of the way and her lack of trust in general so she can discover that life has a lot of happiness in it.

She has officially started CC practice today and also Worship Band Camp this week, so she is a busy girl again..Plus we checked out the school she will be attending in a few short weeks and boy or boy is she nervous, especially knowing that I won't be working in the same school...so we'll see how it goes.

Garden harvesting is picking up...just in time for school to start...a little late so my fall will be busy!!!


No comments:

My Travels