"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, November 2, 2007

CC Banquet



























Last night at our CC Awards Banquet. Tuks was dressed in the fitted t-shirt that the girls purchased, but I bought one in medium and converted it into a dress. I edited the pictures to remove people or identifying names. Tuki had her good and bad moments last night. One funny one was when we went through the food line and Tuki was following me with an empty plate, but then somehow on the way back to our table she became lost from me, and seconds later when I spotted her, she was in the middle of a bunch of people with her hands in the air, saying "mama, where did she go" with a puzzling look on her face. Another time, after talking too loud while another coach was presenting, I quickly took her around the corner and told her she was too loud, her response was to promptly walk herself up to the wall and put herself in "time out".

She sure has me doubling over many times with her antics!!
Life is a good thing with the Tuks around!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures!!
I can't find your email address anymore.
mine is
aspecialfamily AT yahoo DOT com.

I wonder where the email went? Probably lost in cyber land

veggiemom said...

OMG - that is too cute! Love her tshirt dress.
Kerri and Ruby

My Travels