"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Funk

Tonight, after Parent/Teacher Conferences, which went well by the way, I am tired, cold and feeling sad, while thinking yet again HOW VERY LONG it will be before the girls come home from Haiti. It looks like IBESR is taking over 5 months yet again.

The problem is, I have been thinking and imagining how it will be when they are home, and that is very dangerous because it is those type of thoughts that can put me into a real funk. The funk causes me to live for the future and not enjoy today.

Tuks deserves a Mom that enjoys and explores the today, with her. I will snap out of it, given a little time.

4 comments:

Marta said...

Hang in there! We're in this together! From what I can tell, by IA standards it's common, understandable, maybe even normal for us to think of them always. It's that love that fosters the determination to make it happen and see it thru.

I can relate to your worries about Tuks. My teen is 14, and you cant believe how fast the time flies when they hit these years. They are gone before you know it. So I do my best to stay in the here and now...easier said than done!

veggiemom said...

While it's all worth it in the end, the process of adoption just sucks! Hope you're feeling better soon. Thinking of you -
Kerri and Ruby

Jane said...

The waiting (and waiting...and waiting some MORE) just stinks, doesn't it? Go ahead and be in a funk today. Plenty of time to rebound on the weekend!

Sarah said...

The waiting is so hard, but hang in there! I too have felt guilty for not being in "the moment" for my kids during this whole adoption process; I think that is something we all struggle with from time to time. Hope your funk doesn't last too long!
-Sarah C.

My Travels