"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, November 16, 2007

Isaac


From about 1 year ago. Isaac, Tuki and sMurph trashing the living room. (don't mind his eyes, just reflection, not evil. LOL)

Isaac in his younger years


This morning is our second day of Parent/Teacher Conferences, then I am off to getting my haircut, then chiropractor, then volunteer 2 hours at church packing the Operation Christmas Shoe boxes for shipment.

Yesterday, I took Isaac to the vet. After yet another day of diarrhea. I thought it was all good, but then Isaac started up again Wednesday night. They did a fecal exam, x-rays and then blood work. No parasites, can't rule out cancer for sure, but his blood work showed a positive for a type of disease(relatively newly discovered), not LYME (he receives a Lyme vax and frontline), passed through a tick. So after $300.00, he is on $60.00 worth of antibiotics and medication to help settle his raw large intestine. But the Doc said he can't really rule out cancer for sure. Dobies are known to acquire cancer, heart disease and kidney failure. Their AVERAGE life spans are 9.8 years old and Isaac will be 9 in March. I love that crazy, hyper-active, very intelligent, but no common sense, obsessive-compulsive, sweet, loveable gentle dog. I hate thinking of the day when I will lose him. He has such a presence in our lives, I can't imagine him not in it. He has been with us since he was 7 1/2 weeks old.

The only for sure things tomorrow are tumbling in the morning and volunteering two more hours unloading the shoe boxes at church.

2 comments:

veggiemom said...

Poor Isaac. Hope you get good news on his health and the antibiotics are the trick.
Kerri and Ruby

Marta said...

It is difficult, poor baby. I have a similar scenerio. My 11 year old Golden has cancer, arthritis, and intermittent incontinence when she sleeps. (How I deal with that is it's own posting!) But she still has alot of good days. I know the time will come too soon when I will have to do what I have to do, and it's difficult to think about. She was a rescue, I've had her since she was 6 months old. She is a wonderful dog and companion, one of a kind.
Good luck, I hope he improves!

My Travels