"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!


I was working in the kitchen and I turn around, and here she is with her stool and key trying to unlock the door.


Her favorite thing to do while something is cooking in the oven. I know the pizza is a little over done!!


Another visiting parent was kind enough to take a picture of the girls together. Notice Panda's dress.

What I am Thankful for:(not in any order)

1. Tuki
2. Tuki
3. Tuki
4. Pooches
5. cat
6. Neighbor A & friend E
7. Family - a step mom, sister, and 3 brothers, and all their families.
8. health
9. a faithful and forgiving God
10. home
11. two healthy daughters in Haiti
12. employment
13. energy
14. ability to learn
15. ability to pay my bills and feed my family
16. to have the desire to take on new challenges
17. to be able to see the positive in most every (not all) situations
18. that I am learning to be more flexible
19. Real good Friends
20. that Isaac is getting better
21. ability to travel and see new places

Hope everyone who is reading this has a Happy Thanksgiving and
for you Canadians and anyone else not celebrating Thanksgiving,
I hope you just have a happy day...everyday!!!!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Love your kitchen "supervisor!"
And I'm guessing Miss Panda had a hot date the day that photo was taken! It's a beautiful dress. And don't you just love getting those happy, smiling photos??? Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Sarah and Tim said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Don't worry about that pizza, mine typically come out a little... well... brown!!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

You have a lot to be thankful for! Praise God. Tuki is so adorable. I am sorry I haven't gotten back to you about the blog. Here's the link: Sandy Cove Trail

My Travels