"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Doggy DODO Duty Day

My dogs are sick, or rather two of the three are sick. Isaac, my 100+, 3 feet tall dobie started crapping (sorry but it is the best way to describe this mess) liquid literally (figuratively speaking) all over the house (but not on any carpet) Thursday night WHILE Grey's was on. Can you believe the nerve of him. I cleaned it up and he was then confined to the basement. Same thing on Friday, but now just in my unfinished (thank goodness) basement. Then last night, mind you in the middle of the night dog number 2, Einstein, woke me up around 4:00 am, prancing all over. My quick solution was to confine him to the master bathroom, which has linoleum on the floor. I woke to another mess, and then proceeded down to the basement and found yet another Isaac mess. The thing is neither acted sick, just diarrhea. Heathcliff was never sick, but I didn't care. They all went on a fast for the day, and then tonight I fed them some boiled hamburger and rice. I'll see how they handle that, and then hopefully work them back onto their regular dogfood.

This morning, between tumbling, and napping, Tuks and I ran to Walmart to pick up some photos for Cheetah's photo album, Tuks napped, I did laundry, and did final winterizing yard work. When Tuks woke up, we had to go back to Walmart to shop for the Operation Christmas Child Shoebox, and groceries for the week. The place was packed, and Tuks wanted (crying, tantrums) the toys I was buying for the box. I, for the life of me DO NOT understand when people speak of Retail Therapy, because when I walk into a store in which there are that many people and I know I will be confined there awhile my heart rate literally goes up. I'm not kidding!! It races, I'm stressed, and I want to get done ASAP. I need therapy AFTER the shopping. No wonder I buy sweets, it's for a stress reliever (justification) after I arrive home. Therefore, you could correctly surmise I am cheating on my diet this weekend, and I don't care.

Then, to top the day off, Tuk's Bear Bear is MIA. I have no idea where it is, and Polar bear, and Baby bear are present, but for some reason just not good enough. So our questions in Tuki's words are "Bear, bear, Where are you??" "Where did he go?".

and lastly

"Come home we miss you!!!"

an then just like that,
the day is over
and I am left asking
"Where did the day go?"

and now I must say good night, because I am off to mop up the remaining DODO stains in the basement.

EDITED: I found Bear bear in a box upstairs!! Praise GOD, all is right in Tuki's world!!!!!!!




FYI -TO KEEPS THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE
Haiti vs. the United States
· Total population (July 2007 estimates)
· Haiti: 8.7 million
· U.S.: 301 million
· Infant mortality rate (number of infants who die before their first
birthdays)
· Haiti: 63.83 per 1,000 live births
· U.S.: 6.37 per 1,000 live births
· Life expectancy at birth
· Haiti: 57
· U.S.: 78
· Literacy rates (percentage of residents over age 15 who can read and write)
· Haiti: 52.9 percent
· U.S. 99 percent
· Gross Domestic Product per capita (2006 estimate)
· Haiti: $1,800
· U.S.: $43,800
· Source: The CIA World Factbook 2007 (www.cia.gov)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You poor thing! What a day you were having! I am soooo glad that you were able to find Tuki's bear! Hatfield had "Chi Chi" which is her blankie, which she was inseperable from (and she still sleeps with it). Once we left it at daycare on a Friday and realized it when we got home. I threw her back in the care and raced like a bat out of you-know-where to get it. I showed up 5 minutes after closing and banged on the door until someone opened up; under no circumstance could I handle the thought of 48 hours without it!

My Travels