"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Pushing the Comfort Zones

Today was interesting .

It started out with another doctor appointment trying to get my sinus infection eradicated. They finally gave me a stronger antibiotic and I can feel the difference after only a few hours. I was on amoxicillian for 10 days in early December and it didn't do a thing.

ANYWHOHA....then Tuks and I went to the Y for a work out. It felt great to get yet another good run in and no more soreness. My goal is to workout 3 days a week and then on Saturdays. I gave it a test try during this short week. The test drive involved picking up Tuki, giving her a snack and then having her play at the Y for an hour while I worked out. In the past she wanted nothing to do with this. Come to think of it neither did I. It did work fine this week so maybe she is old enough and I am relaxed enough to handle yet another hour playing with other kids being away from Mommy. I will take it day by day, but I know that I really need to work out more than I have in the past 2 years during the colder months. I am a better person after a good run.

I digress from this day...so after Tuki woke up, I fed her lunch and we packed up for sledding and tubing at a town 45 minutes from here. We were planning to meet up with a statewide group of Guatemalan adoptive parents and their kids. It sounds fun doesn't it....well here is the kicker, there was only 1 other adoptive family there with their 8 year old daughter. Tuki and I went down the tubing hill once, she was laughing, giggling and seeming to have a good time, but when I asked her if she wanted to go again she said no. She wanted to go on the slide instead. So we played on the swing set for the last hour there, and it was here that we finally ran in to the other family, as they were leaving because they were tired of trying to find other families and continually coming up empty handed.

Remember my NY goal..step out of my comfort zone and interact with more people?? Well this was my first attempt. I would say good internal attempt, but OK external rewards. The family was great, very friendly and people I would like to get more acquainted with, but I guess I was expecting MANY families. Oh well............However, I did get on our local list for the families. So hopefully I will be able to meet more in the future.






Tuki getting brave.


The tubing hill. It was tall and the ride fast. The last time I stood on a snow covered hill was the time I blew out my knee while attempting to down hill ski. My heart was pounding and I was a little nervous but Tuks pushed me through. Another break through for me. Kids will make you do the darnedest things


Tuks pushing her comfort zone by becoming a dare devil with the slide. She came down it in every direction she could think of.

BTW---playground are a good way to meet single Dads...no nothing to report, but it was an eye opener!!!!

Today also marks 4 months in IBESR with Panda's file.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Asha and I would have gone with you. We didn't do much today.

veggiemom said...

I so wish I felt better with exercise - I've decided the only endorphins I have are chocolate-related ones - lol.
Bummer about the Guat family turn-out but looks like you had fun anyways.
Kerri and Ruby

Marta said...

Tuki looks like she is having a great time! Another place to run into lots of GUYS...shopping on Christmas Eve! Sure, many of them are shopping for their wives, but not all of them...some for their mothers, sisters...they all have that same "Deer In the Headlights" look on their faces LoL!

This Mama said...

Oh - looks like so much fun...
I wish we got snow around here!

My Travels