"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fur Buddies

It was warm today, actually about 40 degrees warmer than last Sunday. But we didn't go sledding. Rather, this afternoon we played outside for about an hour or more and then had a good time indoors the last few hours of the day.


Tuki's red bike that I had bought her as an impulse gift for Christmas. Yesterday, I was pushing her around in it and telling her to alternate pushing with her legs. I thought she was getting the hang of it and I was feeling like I really taught my daughter something wonderful, when she all of a sudden, she looked up at me and said "Mama", I said "yes, Tuki", She said "Mama" again so I just knew it had to be good and then she said, as she was pointing and sticking her fingers into my nostrils. "nose". I imagine from her perspective, it was all she could see when she looked up was my big "ole" nostrils. I had to laugh because it reminded me of the classroom. I think I have this great lesson, and the kids are riveted to their seats with wonder, and then a hand goes up with a look of eagerness on their face, and I say "yes Johnny" anticipating the in depth question I will be receiving, and then Johnny says "is this an "A" or "B" day?


Tuki slowly picking away the chocolate from her cookie. She loves the dogs hanging around her at all times. I watch them like a hawk, so there is no danger with food aggressiveness, plus none of my dogs have EVER exhibited it with people, but I still watch. The next thing I know the cookie is gone, and I ask her "Did you give Einie (her fave dog) the cookie" She gives me this most guilty look on her face and then I ask again, and she says "Yes". Little stinker!!


Twirling to Barney's ABC song. "A" appears to be her favorite letter so far.


More twirling


Being silly and "puckering up"


Here she is sticking her tongue out


Singing in the microphone.


Kissing her buddy sMurph, or AKA by Tuks as MEOW

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

So cute!!! Ruby loves to feed the dogs and boy do they love dinner time. When she's done, all the rest of the food goes over the edge of the tray. :)
Kerri and Ruby

Suzanne said...

Adorable. Did you get your invite for the Fiesta? It's March 15.
Suzanne (ohsuzannah@wi.rr.com)

Sarah and Tim said...

What cute pictures! Her hair looks like it is getting really long!

My Travels