"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Character-compassion


So far I am aware that two of my three daughters have a compassionate/sweet character. First is Tuks. Obviously I interact with her everyday and I can see amongst her 2 year toddler "tude" that she is a sweet compassionate little girl. She knows how to take turns, says "sorry", "thank you" and "please" quite well and in the right context. Care givers at church, daycare and the "Y" tell me all the time how sweet and good natured Tuks is. I call that inner beauty. Yes, she does have a fiery temper, but it isn't long lasting and maybe with more word accumulation she hopefully will be able to express her anger in a more appropriate way.


Then, I saw Cheetah's compassion in one of her more recent photos. I have drawn blue arrows to help you in take this all in. Cheetah is bent over caressing (with her left hand) a younger girl's cheek who is obviously crying. You can hardly see Cheetah because she is so involved in this little girl's pain. Totally beautiful, and this time again I mean her inner beauty.



I am not saying Panda doesn't have this quality, I just haven't seen it in the photos yet or have been told of it by other visiting parents. I guess I will find out once she is home...all part of the fun!!!

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

I think you can also see it in the pic in your previous post. Cheetah looks like she's taking Panda under her wing.
Kerri and Ruby

Kate said...

I was so excited to see all the posts and pictures!! I have been catching up on all my blogs after being gone so long!! You have 3 beautiful daughters and I have a very good feeling about 2008 and what it holds for you!! You must be such a proud Mommy:) HUGS!

Jane said...

Just catching up on my reading. That photo is SO sweet!

My Travels