"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, January 2, 2009

Ever have one of those days??

Tuks had a VERY bad day today.

Maybe overly tired, but I'm not sure why that would be the case since we didn't have any late nights this week.

She wanted so much of my time, yet neighbor A (an elderly man, who was an only child, who lost his wife 13 years ago to cancer, and they never had children, see the picture) came down to help fix a table and he wanted my time (see my dilemma). I felt drained of all that was within me. Ve seemed to be fine in the whole chaotic mess, but as always, hungry, so I fed her.

I feel like a very bad mommy tonight because not only did I not meet Tuks needs, but I also handled her tantrums with not as much patience as I'd have liked.

I hope I don't permanently damage her while she transitions to her sisters. One day she is all sunshine, the next all darkness.

She is also only 1 month into being 3, will I survive the next 11 months???

HUGE SIGH...........................I am going to go an have me a good cry and then talk to half asleep Tuks and tell I love her and that tomorrow will be a new day.

6 comments:

veggiemom said...

Hugs!!! These transitions are so hard for everyone. I never truly realized how hard it would be on Ruby but, WOW! The first month was awful!!! The tantrums were so bad it's still hard to believe. I wondered if we'd ever be happy again. After a month or so, Ruby finally accepted Medina and it got so much better. She woke up from her nap today and when I went to get her, the first thing she said was, "Tata?"...wondering where her big sis was.
Hang on. It will get better.

Leslie said...

Hang in there-it is so hard sometimes not to beat up on yourself. (I'm probably going to have to hear this myself in a month or so when #2 comes home!) Hugs :)

Story of our Life said...

Three year olds are FAR worse than the Terrible Two's ever thought about be... Oh' heaven yes. Add in that Mommy being home, new sister, the holidays......

No need to feel as though you will damage poor lil Tuks.. Sometimes, mom's just have to have those moments. Trust me..I've had plenty.

Janet said...

It will really get better maybe she is on over stimulation over drive from all the changes. Your not a bad mom your doing the best you can in the situation. Hang in there!

Sarah said...

Those 'bad mommy' days are the worst, but please don't beat yourself up too much over it (I know it's impossible not to though.) You are doing a great job, and bad days are perfectly normal for everyone. No one will be damaged from a bad day, I promise :) Things will look up soon, (((hugs)))).

Marta said...

Repeat after me "This too shall pass"

Overused, maybe, but I always forget it when I need it most!

(((Hugs)))

My Travels