"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, January 25, 2009

43 days home


and already functioning as typical sisters. I think their relationship is the truly marvelous miracle in Ve's homecoming. Don't get me wrong, I love Ve's homecoming as well and I am loving being able to communicate more and more daily with her. As I mentioned before, it is like she has always been here, simply because we are functioning so flawlessly (Of course now that I said that, I may have jinxed us. LOL)


Before Tuks was even home, I knew I'd be adopting siblings for her, and especially at least one sister. I have a sister, and 3 brothers, and even though we do not always get along seamlessly on a daily basis, I am ever so grateful for them. So with Ve's homecoming, I of course was a little nervous as to how she and Tuks would function as sisters. I had read all the info I could find on adopting out of birth order, and believe there are many scare stories out there, and yet here I was doing just that, not only once, but twice.


The first few days of Ve being home, I could tell why all the warnings. Ve wanted to be "the baby", Tuks was the baby but she was acting like the "Mom, or big sister". etc., I would not be over exaggerating by saying that none of us knew exactly how to operate in our given roles, because it kind of became all muddled. But, then I started just saying to the girls that "Tuks is the baby of the family, not the big sister or mama, Mama is the Mama, and Ve was the bigger sister" Eventually I think we all started to receive the message and things have started to fall in to place.

In addition, the way they play together has transformed into playing side by side, to playing with each other in pretend shopping, mama's to their babies, dress up, kitchen etc.,



They, of course, have their moments of not understanding each other's behavior, not sharing, or both wanting the exact same thing at the same time, even though seconds ago neither wanted it. Ve is taking on the big sister role better, Tuks is taking on the baby sister role better, and I of course am still learning all about what the Mama role involves. But it does change daily, so sometimes I get confused. LOL

I also prep both girls that when Mim comes home, she is and will be the big sister.

2 comments:

veggiemom said...

Warms my heart to hear that things are going so well. Love the pics!!!

This Mama said...

I am so excited for the day when I get to see big sister Mim join the group. I love seeing Ve and Tuks together, so content, very sweet. I am glad things are going so well for you all.

My Travels