"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, January 23, 2009

"I Love you Tuks"


This was how the girls slept together weeks ago.



This is how they played slumber party tonight. Ve kept saying "I love you Tuks",
and Tuks would return it by saying "I love you too Ve" It was the first the girls have stated words of love to each other..


Close-ups


Another Close-up, and yes that is Hubble's hair on the blanket..one of the curses of having a white cat.

Where are my feelings at for Ve?. I like her a lot and liking her more every day. It seems like she has always been here. It is sort of a weird feeling. I don't believe she is in a honeymoon period; for fear that if she is naughty I will abandon her, for several reasons. One, she sees Tuks be good and naughty enough times, and then she sees that I still love and care for Tuks. Secondly, Ve has had some naughty moments and I have not abandoned her. So my guess is she is just adjusting EXTREMELY well.

My maternal love feelings for Ve aren't here yet, but each and every day I like her more and more, so I know that those maternal, love greater than all else, feelings will come, just like they came for Tuks with time and memories built from day to day living.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Your girls are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your honesty about the growing love you have for Ve!

A Blessed Life said...

That is so sweet that they are verbalizing their feelings for each other. I especially love the picture of the girls with their baby dolls - learning to be little mamas!

Kim & Dave said...

I know what you mean about the LOVE slowly growing. Sometimes, it's just not instananious....& that's ok!

I love the pics of them sleeping together. Our two just slept together for the first time a few weeks ago....so fun!

veggiemom said...

Love the pics of two sweet sisters! I think it's almost better when love isn't instantaneous because it makes it all the more precious when you realize it's there.

Elder Cook said...

They look like they are having fun together and sounds like they are really starting to blossom into great friends and sisters. Awesome to see

Brenda said...

Looks like it going so well. I think adopting older children is kind of like dating. You have to get to know one another, the quirks, the looks and you gradually fall in love with both the little and big parts of them.

I'm sure you do have quite a bit of mother love. If someone were to try to take her from you know you would fight to your death for her. Just not all the Awwwww moments yet.

My Travels