"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Together


Life is going well in Freezeville. Today was my first full day back at work. I returned about 9 days early simply because Ve has been doing so well, and now school is called off for tomorrow because of the predicted low windchill. So another day home except for a meeting in the afternoon.

Work went well, except for a few snotty receptions from my 8th graders. My seventh graders were excited I was back, but typical of 13- 14 year olds (8th graders), there were a few naughty ones in the bunch. Even though you don't want to let it bother you because you know it is all normal teenage stuff, sometimes you just can't help but let it get to you deep down in your soul. OH well....thus the life of a Junior High Teacher.

Ve and Tuks are amazing together...just amazing. They are connected little sisters for not being able to communicate real well and having only been together a little over 4 weeks. I really feel it is a miracle, truly a miracle. It blesses my heart so much to see both so very happy with each other and with our family. We are just enjoying our peaceful life until we are put into a tailspin once again with Mim's arrival....

5 comments:

veggiemom said...

OMG - I love that pic! Adorable!!! Glad things continue to go so well!

Jane said...

As the middle of 3 girls, I can tell you that the loving embrace pictured is, in fact, a "full Nelson" choke hold! LOL...
Seriously, they do seem to enjoy each other! Here's hoping Mim just adds to your joy.

Marta said...

That is a seriously cute picture of those two!

Sarah and Tim said...

and when do we think Mim's arrival will be????

Sarah said...

Adorable! They look so happy in their photos! I'm so glad things are going well :)

My Travels