"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

High School Musical Miracle

HSM is like a modern day GREASE, but the main characters are average to very successful and gifted students rather than the Grease heads from GREASE. Plus the ethnic diversity of the main characters is great.

OK, They (I), LOVE these videos. They (We) dance around the living room singing the songs. I bought Ve a HSM back pack for school and as you can see I buckled and bought each a HSM t-shirt (on sale for 6.00 OF COURSE, I haven't succumbed completely to the propaganda of a fad). I believe it is helping Ve to learn and talk in English. She repeats so much of the words.

The girls love their shirts and were VERY happy to wear them today.

I will update more on how we are all doing later in the week.





5 comments:

Marta said...

Those pictures are so cute! I know I cringe at the marketing onslaught everytime I'm at WalMart (alot) or Target. But, as I had to do in the old days with Barney, I have to remember this is about the kids and what THEY like, it's not about me LOL

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
veggiemom said...

We went through a major HSM addiction here. It has passed but Ruby still loves it...even more than Medina. I do love the characters, though, so I feel like it's not to bad. It always got Ruby up and dancing too.

This Mama said...

Oh we are fans over here as well - Rose especially. HSM3 is coming out in this tiny older (cheap) theater by my house in a couple of weeks and the kids are getting excited to go. I am glad Ve is enjoying them...they looks so cute in their tees.

:) Mandy

guatmom said...

The girls look darling in their HSM shirts! I miss those days of cute little clothes... now that they are gone! My daughter is 13! We are now watching Mama Mia for about the 20th time!!

My Travels