"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Thursday, December 6, 2007

BELOW ZERO


My backyard.
Ok, not exactly (a little fib), especially since the tundra is melting!! But it sure feels like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It was 10 degrees below 0 this morning. We are having winter a good month earlier than last year. So that means we will experience 3+ months of this uckiness. The older I become the more I dislike the cold winter.

So here is a question:

What is the best warm place, accepting in trans-racial families, and have wild natural areas located around it. I have played with the idea MANY TIMES that in a few years once all the girls are home, I'd like to look for a new location that I would call home. Nothing serious at the moment, just brainstorming. Any suggestions, ideas or favorite places year round??

On the positive side, My paperwork for Cheetah came back from the Chicago Consulate, so now I just need to make 3 copies and then send it to Haiti. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

A Blessed Life said...

The high here in N.Alabama was around 60 and by Saturday we will be back in the low 70's and I know many transracial families. Come be my neighbor!
Leanne

Not Betty Crocker said...

Sorry Leanne, I want her for my neighbor. 70's all week here and lots of transracial families in our town too. Unfortunately, not much natural beauty in this part of Texas unless you like cotton fields, pump jacks (for the oil wells), and desert. We do have the most gorgeous sunsets/sunrises in the entire world (flat land and you can see for miles). Oh and, "The stars at night are big and bright deep in the heart of Texas!"

Lila

Michelle Smiles said...

Wow...that is sucky weather! It isn't exactly warm here but compared to your weather it seems like it!

Jenn said...

Well don't come here...we have had minus 15 to minus 25 all week....and it is only going to get colder.

natural beauty we have more than enough of, but heat we are lacking!

Marta said...

Funny you should ask this. Should I decide to pack it up and move I'm thinking North Carolina or Tennessee. North Carolina has a great university system---I found this out college shopping for my son---also it boasts diversity and natural beauty. Tennessee also beautiful, affordable, and now I have family there and that's important. Both have growing stong economies too.

Calico Sky said...

Move to the Carribean, I know several families who did that, don't need as much to "live" could set up a B&B!
South of France, Portugal, Spain, oh a great place is DUBAI!!!! I know loads of families who've adopted from Liberia who live there, a very diverse place, great schools, wonderful beaches, and when you get a job there as a teacher, it includes a home!!!

Nora Báez said...

No hablo inglès, espero puedan comprender mi mensaje:
Fue hermoso haber llagado hasta ustedes, hay mucha magia en este blog.
Saludos desde Argentina:0)

My Travels