"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

UNICEF Involved, Law Passed

The Ortega law, covering new guidelines for adoptions form Guatemala was passed today. There still needs to be a great deal of clarification in order to fully understand what it all means. What I find rather interesting is that there are new laws pending in Haiti as well, and it is the same organization that has been stated as the culprit in both countries that essentially shut down adoptions. That organization is UNICEF. It seems their intentions may be (at least) stated as good, but in the course of pushing their agenda, many children get caught in the cross fire and left without homes. UNICEF has left a dark, long and twisted trail in every country they have influenced in the way they want adoptions handled.

I find it difficult at times like this to fully understand or see the big picture. People within organizations or hold specific beliefs like to "sell" their way of thinking, and it is rather difficult to see the full truth. This is why I dislike politics. It is too shady of an arena for me. Anyway, time will tell if the passing of this law is a good thing or not.

1 comment:

This Mama said...

I know I am worried about the passing of the new laws in Haiti as well. I guess it will cut down the number of dossiers being accepted in Haiti but I still do no tthink they have the structure set up yet to support the new ideas. It is going to be a little wild for a bit. You sent your dossier today - are you worried about squeaking in at all?

My Travels