"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Wild Morning

Once again we are being snowed in. It doesn't look like it is to stop until later today. I hope I will be able to get out tomorrow for my sister's Christmas Eve brunch and to take E to the airport.

Today, I have been preparing the desserts for the feast at my house on Christmas day. I made 2 Grasshopper tortes and then two Apple pies from the apples I froze this fall. While I was doing this Tuks and the household lazy bums, i.e. pets, were busy too. Here are just a few examples of what they did just in this morning alone.


If they weren't under my feet begging, then they were lounging while I worked. sMurph and Einstein...good buddies.


Our neighbor gave us this step stool several weeks ago and it has quickly become Tuks best friend. Here she is washing dishes. She can do this for a very loonnggg time. Notice the towels on the floor. The only thing that I use to not get stressed out about ALL the water everywhere!! But she loves it.


Here she is working hard. I ask her all the time. "Are you working hard" She says "Yes".


This is how wet she gets. Once she was done, I did a complete change of clothes. BUT


She decided to lick out the torte bowl. She is a child that puts her heart and soul, and sleeves, head etc., into everything she does.


Now into the mouth and suck on the fingers a good long time, so as not to miss any flavor. I guess it is safe to assume she likes peppermint.


Again, the results when she is "All done"

And Mama's work is then doubled cleaning up after her as she moves from one thing to another. But as you can guess, usually I love it, sometimes I just tolerate it and sometimes I can't wait until nap time.

3 comments:

Marta said...

Yes, but she looks so darn cute doing it!

veggiemom said...

What a great helper!
Kerri and Ruby

Andromeda Jazmon said...

What a lovely way to spend a snowy day; cooking and cleaning in the kitchen together. I'd love to taste that torte myself! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you!

My Travels