"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas Eve!!




I thought I better post early since we have a busy day planned. This picture is of the girls receiving their t-shirts at the Christmas party that Marie and all the nannies put on for the kids. They brought the kids from PAC1 and PAC2 together on December 20. It reminded me of a school dance. It looked (according to the videos and pictures) like it was a beautiful party, and the kids were really having fun. What a thoughtful and loving action on Marie's part.

I love this picture because the girls seem to be more bonded as friends/sisters. In previous pictures of them together, there was always something in their body language and in their eyes that led me to believe that they weren't warmed up to
the idea of becoming future sisters. Notice Cheetah's arm draped over Panda, and Panda's arm is leaning on Cheetah's hip, and she is also leaning into Cheetah. In addition, the big thing, again in looking in their eyes, they look happy, excited, and relaxed with each other. I have been looking for that "look" when they are together, and here it is.

2 comments:

veggiemom said...

It gives me goosebumps to read about the changes you've seen in the girls. What a lovely photo.
Have a great day!
Kerri and Ruby

Marta said...

I noticed it too. This is a great picture of your kids. I printed it off (with about 200 others from over the year, and believe me that was the short list) to take to Marie. They all looked like they had a fantastic time the other night! It was awesome of her to do it!

My Travels