"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Crazy Day

Today;
a. was told to "shut up" by a student.

b. mailed Cheetah's dossier.

c. mailed the t-shirts for the O's Christmas party.

d. Spent another 198.00 dollars on my power steering fluid and hoses because they fell apart around 8:30am this morning.

e. picked up a crabby Tuki from daycare, and cleaned up her mess after she got into the stash of stickers.

Tonight;

Left speechless because I am grateful that the car only cost 198.00, the items are mailed and Tuki is here, my daughter, and a healthy toddler, and despite the craziness of the day, overall it was very good.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Sorry you had such a crazy day. My grandmother used to say, "The bad days are there to make us appreciate the good ones!" I never enjoyed hearing it at the time, but I know she was right!
I heard a mother tell her daughter to JUST SHUT UP! in the grocery store this week. I was stunned and stopped in my tracks in the middle of the aisle - right in front of them! Although she saw my reaction, it didn't change her demeanor with her daughter or son. CONGRATS on getting C's dossier mailed!

Sarah and Tim said...

Wow, I wish I could say something to make it better, just think that this will pass, and another new day is just minutes away

Sarah said...

WHOOHOO on getting Cheetah's dossier out the door--you worked so hard on that, and I can't believe the speed in which you got it done! Wow, what a crazy day! I admire you for putting it into perspective when all was said and done--that's not an easy thing to do.

This Mama said...

Congrats Cindy on getting that dossier out of your hands!!
You did have one heck of an up down day....funny my mail off day was a wild one as well!

My Travels