"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Change of plans-TWICE

On Saturday, we had planned to go Christmas shopping at a town about an hour or so east of us. We, meaning me, Tuks, my sister and her daughter N, and my niece M. We planned this months ago, but our plan was canceled due to the snowstorm coming in. So instead Tuks and I ran out and bought our tree. We picked it out in 15 minutes, or maybe even less because there was a fierce wind out of the north and it was blowing snow. It isn't a perfect tree, but perfect for us. As of now, it is in the stand with several strands of lights on. I will leave it this way until I can buy more lights and I want to test drive it with my child and cat since last years was a small fake tree.

Then today after playing and shoveling in the snow, Tuks and I attempted to get out of our 150 meters long driveway to go to church. Couldn't do it. My brother informed me 11 inches had fallen last night. So, thank goodness we were able to back up towards the garage without getting stuck again. So now we are home for the day, again!! Maybe I will work on decorating the house. Then again, maybe not.

Hopefully the plow will come through later today so that we can get out for work tomorrow morning.


Kind of, sort of, attempting a snow man. She wasn't quite into it. She didn't like the snow suit, mittens and heavy duty boots, and walking in the deep snow. She wasn't walking last year so she had no idea what being "in" it was like.


Packing the snow.


Pleading with her eyes.."let's go inside" Her word for "snow" sounds just like "no" because she does not have the "s" sound down yet.


This is her response when I asked her if she wants to go in the house.

5 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Such a sweetie, boy do I miss snow...but not the shovelling!
http://aspecialfamily.wordpress.com

veggiemom said...

Love the pics of Tuki all bundled up! What a cutie. :)
Kerri and Ruby

Marta said...

Eeeee!! You really did get socked! Her poor little nose is all red (thats what happens to mine too) OK, I have a plan for the future get-togethers to keep the girls in touch: you come south in the winter, get out of the "no", and we'll come north in the summer to get out of heat and humidity!

Mandy said...

Tuks did better than Asha. She wouldn't even set foot in the snow. Kept saying she was "scared". We went right back into the house. Love the pictures!!

Sarah and Tim said...

I cannot wait for Snow! I love it!

My Travels