"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, February 11, 2008

Eczema BE GONE!!!!!!!

Tuki has an eczema problem, and from what I can tell from the Guatemalan Adoptive Parent forums, many children born in Guatemala deal with this same issue. Last year her Ped prescribed an ointment with a "slight" amount of steroid in it. I used it even though I was very against applying a steroid to such a young child.

This year, just recently she has been saying that she has an 'ouwie' on her left knee. I kept looking and didn't see a thing at first, but then I started noticing that dreaded eczema. It seems to appear in the winter with all the dry air. Well, I started applying a lotion that is sold from the wellness and natural product company I am a member of (linked on the side) and low and behold it is clearing up. It states that the lotion is used for various skin conditions, but I had no idea how wonderful it was, and better yet, NO STEROIDS!!!.

If you like natural, environmental friendly, and toxic-free products check out the wellness company. I have been very pleased with the items I have been using. I started using a facial skin product for the first time in my life, yeah that's right, and people are telling me that I look super happy, and bright eyed lately. Well I know I am not feeling any happier than normal, most especially since it is the yucky month of February, so I know it is the skin products. One co-worker even said, just out of the blue, that my skin looks great. Now that is a comment I could float on for a long time.............

1 comment:

Sarah and Tim said...

OK I must be blind, I cannot find the link on your blog. Please let me know where to find this, as my daughter suffers from Eczema also. She scratches to the point of bleeding and scars. On her gorgeous brown skin, I don't want scars!

My Travels