"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mistakes

Some mistakes you can make over and over again, and yet again. But some mistakes only allow for just that one mistake and then it is becomes the final one and there is no turning back. Erhlichiosis in the chronic form is that type of fatal mistake; there was no turning back.... I lost Isaac, my Dobie this weekend after a 4-month battle. He didn't even make it to 9 years.

7 comments:

Kate said...

OH NO:( I am so sorry!!! I am such a dog lover and can't imagine how you are feeling:( HUGS!!

Jenn said...

Awww...so sorry for the loss of your puppy.

veggiemom said...

So sorry...
Hugs...
Kerri and Ruby

Laurie said...

So sorry for your loss, dogs become such a part of our families.

Hugs to you as you heal.

Sarah said...

Oh Aves, I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved pet is such a terribly difficult thing.
(((Hugs)))

Marta said...

Oh, I am so sorry!!!!

Suzanne said...

So sorry. I know how hard it is.
Suzanne

My Travels