"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, February 18, 2008

Is this a bug?

Tuks has a fascination with bugs. It all started last fall when we were getting our annual Asian lady bugs that migrate through in their pursuit of warmer weather.

One day last fall, I had placed one of them on her hand and let it crawl around and she was totally enthralled with it.

So, yes even with this cold and snowy winter, and yet another 10" more of snow yesterday, we still have a rebel lady bug or two flitzing around in the house. I usually tell Tuks to place it in a plant, which she happily does.

BUT, if there is something black looking, usually fuzz, sometimes cookie piece, or even dirt, but not a lady bug, Tuki will study it for a long time and then state "Yucky bug", and I, of course will state, "no, it is not a yucky bug, because bugs are not yucky, only poopy is yucky" My brain washing to keep her away from the dog's poop outside.. It works.

My statement seems to appease her for a short time, but then she will ask "is this a bug" repeatedly because she can't walk away from the bug looking thing. Like I said she is mesmerized by them.

So this morning, I hear her say to sMurph, or remember to Tuks, he is Meow.

"Meow, is this a bug?", PAUSE, "Meow, is this a bug?", PAUSE, " Einie is this a bug?", PAUSE, "Meow, is this a bug?"

I finally look, and Meow and Tuks are facing each other, their noses, maybe, about 2 feet apart from each other, both lying on their bellies, on the floor, staring at a piece of black fuzz, and then, again I hear Tuks ask, "Meow, is this a bug?"

I didn't have a camera, but the moment was priceless.

Neither moved until I got up and picked it up and said, "No it is just fuzz", and then threw it away.

They both go their separate ways and, then I hear Tuks say "Bye Bye Bug"

BTW – today she has started to ask me quite a bit as to where Isaac was. I tell her he is sleeping for a long time.

1 comment:

veggiemom said...

How cute is that! I can just see them laying there together. :-)
Kerri and Ruby

My Travels