"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Is it Friday yet???

It is only Wednesday and it feels like Saturday. It has been one rough week. Losing Isaac Sunday morning set me off into a funk, and then Monday we had P/T Conferences, which went just fine, EXCEPT for the hours leading up to the conferences.

Like I had mentioned in an earlier post, we received 10” of snow on Sunday. I, being the optimist that I can be, thought that perhaps since I had my van’s front end realigned I could drive through the 10” with the front wheel drive. Not so, I was stuck immediately once the van cleared the garage. So I shoveled, shoveled, shoveled, and then stacked bricks in the back of the van, all to no avail. Then,
I called brother W, he came over with his big 4-wheel drive truck and then he/we shovel, shovel, shovel me out. I kept Tuks busy by telling her to stay in the house and take care of the dogs. She willing did this. Then W leaves, so I thought, but I later see him at my neighbor D’s house helping shovel, shovel, shovel her out. Soon he was backing his truck all the way back to my house to pick up my shovels because D is originally from California and didn’t have any real snow shovels. While backing up, W gets stuck in the snow on a stump, as his truck was pulled sideways off the track by the 10” of snow. It was at this time I ran outside again and asked what is going on. He explains, I then let him know that I will be back out after I get Tuks and myself changed and ready for outdoor weather again. So once ready, I put Tuki in a sled and we proceed to where W is stuck. We shovel, shovel, shovel, manage to get him out and then proceed to neighbor D’s house. We again shovel, shovel, shovel and get her out of her drive, but then, again she is stuck in the shared road that has yet to be plowed. I suggested that we get her car back into her drive and WE (me, D, and neighbor A) all wait until the plow comes through, which the plowman had told neighbor A would occur before 11:30 am. W leaves, Tuks and I return home, shower, plowman shows up, we get out and I take Tuks to daycare and I go to school. At 4:00pm I pick Tuks up, receive a report that Tuks had a naughty day. (I wonder why…), then drop her off at friend L’s house (MANY MANY THANKS to L for watching her) because I need to go to the other school for 3 more hours of P/T conferences. At 8:15pm I pick Tuks back up (she promised to be nice and she was) and finally get her into bed at 8:30pm, 2 ½ hours past her normal time.

Yesterday, I am tired…….but ok, yet I can tell a cold is coming on.

Today, again good, but missing Isaac terribly, I know just a dog, but I am crazy about my pets, and then hoping for some good news from a visiting parent to the O in Haiti. I did receive some wonderful pictures of the girls that the visiting parent worked hard to get, yet deep down I also really wanted to hear something too, for any of us waiting for news, because there are many right now. I was starting to think maybe, just maybe, Panda would be home by mid-summer, but not so much anymore, so now I am going to hope for a fall homecoming, then I won’t get my hopes up anymore…..

So my question.
Is it Friday/Spring/Summer vacation…anything at all, just some sort of change???????????????????????

2 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

No, it's not and February is beginning to feel as long as January did. Ugh! This wait has got to us all. It sucks.

Not Betty Crocker said...

Oops! I've been meaning to tell you I am so sorry about your dog. It's so hard to lose them. Hope you're feeling better soon.

My Travels