"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cleaning, Potty training and Brushing

So what are we doing the rest of the break.

Well I did what I did last year on the first day of the break;

written from last year's post

"I cleaned today, and I mean really cleaned. I had decided that I would bring Tuki to day care (she loves the other kids there) today so that I could shampoo the carpets without disturbance. Well that idea progressed into the idea of a real house cleaning for the homestudy visit this Friday. It was a good idea. I vacuumed, shampooed, swept, mopped and dusted, rearranged furniture on two levels of the house."

again, this year.

Now the house is clean, plus I brushed and clipped the nails of the dogs and cat,

and now today we are attempting to potty train. This is why I decided to stay put for the rest of the break........wish me luck.

4 comments:

veggiemom said...

Good luck on the potty training!
Looks like you had a fun weekend. How cool to have that big fiesta!
Kerri and Ruby

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Ha Ha we are doing that too! I took the first two days of my week off to do my own things (including going to the dentist and the bookstore).

Today I sent Punkin off to daycare in undies - his idea! He was in his third pair of the day when I left him at 8am. I am planning on making him go bare if necessary over the weekend (while home of course). And planning on loads and loads of laundry and floor cleaning...

Good Luck to you all! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brenda said...

Good luck! Potty training was one of my biggest failures, so no advice there. One thing, maybe you knew this. Babies often lay their heads on mom's chest in a tense situation. They can feel and hear mom's heartbeat and often their own heartbeat will move to the rhythm of moms. It teaches them when to be afraid and when to be calm. It's cool.

My Travels