"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mission: New Activities



A fellow parent got through to Haiti..no news for me and my girls, some movement, just not for us. So I need to continue to try new activities to help distract me from the WAIT.....

9 comments:

Gail said...

Isn't the wait horrible!! You're doing a great job of hanging in there. Keep it up!!
Gail

veggiemom said...

Hoping the next movement is with you case. While waiting during Ruby's adoption, I found demolition to be a good distraction/frustration reliever. :-)
Kerri and Ruby

This Mama said...

I find the website addicting games online to distract me, while still allowing me to check the groups every 5 minutes...lol

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marta said...

Yes, sometimes distraction is the only answer to sanity. That is how my other blog got created, plus it forces me to deal with issues that I need to or I would not have anything to publish, lol! I can whittle time away doing nothing but worry and acomplish nothing. It forces me to have at least a little discipline. Hang in there. Marie will get you in as soon as she can.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Aves, this waiting is making me nutty!! The crocheting is helping

JC

Marta said...

I have actually contemplated taking up crocheting again! I bought a with a bunch of patterns in it, and even looked at some yarn...

Brenda said...

This is my first time here. I love all the information you have here. I was trying to find more about your adoption and what exactly you are doing. Could you direct me to one of your posts that tells all about it?

Brenda

K. said...

I have been waiting for 8 months for our little boy, now stuck in IBESR. I have been doing volunteer work to help sick international children get help in the US. My husband and I are traveling to Haiti to volunteer and bring home a baby to care for for several months. Talk about a distraction! Get more info here:
www.hewillcarryyou.blogspot.com

My Travels