"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday Meme


Photo of Tuks, S and her son G (also born in Guatemala) at the Fiesta.
I will be back later to add 10 things about Tuki. She was tagged by Ruby.

1. Whenever Mam says pee in the potty, I say "P, Q, R, S, T , now I know my ABC's etc., "

2. I can count to 10, but I don't like to say the number 4, but I didn't like the number 1 for a while either, but now I like to say it.

3. I use to call all colors "pink", but I now call most of them "yellow". Mama keeps trying to teach me the colors so that I know them better.

4. I love to run, jump, skip, hang my body by arms, and wrestle with Mama.

5. I love my neighbor A, I talk about him all the time.

6. Many different people call me "Miss. Congeniality"

7. I kiss sMurph, I mean Meow, I mean Kitty Kat every day.

8. I get really mad if Einie takes food away from me. I scream, yell and throw a fit for a good while. But i still like him hanging around me all the time.

9. I have been called a drama queen. Mama isn't sure if this is true, or just because I am a spirited little girl.

10. Whenever we are in the car, Mama and I play a game...It's called "......Where are you?". We change the names of the individual we are calling out. Sometimes it is the dogs and cat, bear, bear, Mama, me, neighbor A, etc., we just keep changing the names. Then we answer with "I don't know, where are they?"

3 comments:

Gail said...

Thanks for telling us a little more about you. You sound like a wonderful little girl.
Gail

veggiemom said...

Hey Tuki - Thanks for telling us all those neat things about yourself. :-)
Kerri and Ruby

Brenda said...

Makes me miss when my kids were little.

My Travels