"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

One Year Blog

This post is my 283rd post and today marks 1 year since is I started this blog. I was planning to do a "100 things about me" post tonight in celebration since I didn't do it on the 100th post...but you know what, it takes a long time to come up with 100 things. So once I am finished I will post the list. Mandy...this is where I will place the Meme..6 weird things about me, because believe me there are more than six, and like I said I am not even done yet...........So Happy 1 year to Call of the Phoebe, and since we are still in process for our two darlings from Haiti, I am marching on into the 2nd year with my head held high and my fingers pressed firmly on the keyboard...........

3 comments:

This Mama said...

awesome ~ look forward to reading it!
~Mandy

veggiemom said...

Happy blogversary!!!
Sorry that it's the wait in Haiti that keeps you blogging but I'm so glad you are. I look forward to your blog every day.
Kerri and Ruby

Brenda said...

Great job sticking with the blog for a year. I hope I can do that. Just think what your life will be like a year from now. Amazing.

My Travels