"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break-ing away so soon

The potty training has taken a different turn than I had expected. Actually I didn't know what to expect, because all I really knew was this "Potty training in two days" method, and I quickly learned by the second day that it was just too intense and confining for both of us. She was telling me when she was wet and poopy after the fact, and we both wanted to get outside and do a little exploring with our somewhat nicer weather. So by Wednesday, I canned the idea and decided to wait until summer, but I still put her in pull-ups and she still tells me when she is dirty, so we sit on the potty and then change the diaper. The real improvement I am noticing is that she now hates being poopy or wet, so once she understands the sensation before she goes, we just may get there, just slower than I had originally thought.

We also have our resident chipmuck out and about again, the robins have been back for weeks and I heard sandhill cranes today on our walk. We have been taking daily walks with the dogs.

Tuks also started to yell at me "no way", or "owie" for a long period (5 - 10 minutes) of time before she finally falls to sleep. I think it is her protest to sleep, yet she finally konks out due to being so tired.


Here she is finishing washing the dishes, which by the way is a daily occurrence.


Pushing the step stool back to its correct place


Step stools correct place, next to the basketball hoop. She removed all the hoop netting several weeks ago, and I just haven't put it back yet. She uses this step stool like and elderly person uses a walker.


We bought these running shoes yesterday, and she won't take them off


She does more of this running and jumping. I think she thinks they are magical shoes.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the shoes, new shoes always feel magical, don't they? I wouldn't want to take them off either , they ROCK!!!! Lol

veggiemom said...

Love the new shoes! I'm sure they definitely help with the running and jumping. ;-)
Kerri and Ruby
PS - Tuki - I tagged you. Check out our blog.
Ruby

Brenda said...

If those are magic shoes I want some. I'm training for a 5K. She is so cute.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

There is always a lot of starting and stopping with potty training, in my experience. You have to follow your instincts and let them go at their own pace. It will come. She sure is cute! Glad you got outdoors for some walks.

My Travels