"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Debt Reduction Update

Tax return received:

Debt Reduction Status;

1. Paid off one big bill-GONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

2. Nearly paid off 2 other big bills-Close (very) to being GONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

3. Emergency Fund set in place-Now don't touch it unless there is an emergency

4. Another payment for the adoption process made, and now only 1 payment left!!!!!!!

5. Starting to increase my savings account!!!!!!!!!!

All is Good, especially since Snowville is melting away.....................

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Yeah!!! My husband is an accountant so we are big on debt free living. Good for you!

Amy said...

Go Aves! I have to get out from under my school loans to have debt free living.

This Mama said...

Good for you ~ it feels good to free the burdon of debt...

....I wouldn't know yet as I have the government bounty hunters after me on account of my (old) students loans! Cannot wait til the day when I can pay those off :)

My Travels