"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day of many posts

I guess today is a day of posts. I get so tired during the week and don't really feel like saying much, but I must be very wordy this weekend so hopefully it will hold for the rest of the week.

I washed and put up Ve's hair right away. I also put a tad of sheen into a spray bottle with water and sprayed her hair to keep it moist while I worked her braids in. The sheen that a friend gave me really helped keep the moisture in her hair this week. I attempted the beads. I used a medium sized hole and the threader, and yes again I broke another threader without getting that d*** bead onto the hair. The braid was thinner than a pencil. Was that even too thick for medium sized hole beads?? Please let me know. So I gave up the beads and put snaps and ponys in. I like the look and she likes the look. I zig zagged the parts so that they are different than last week to hopefully prevent breakage. I may have to give up the bead idea, unless they are large holed. I hate to do this since I have so many lovey beads. So suggestions on beading and threading would be great.









Lastly, I have now made up a song for Ve like I did for Tuks. Ve ends with adopted from Haiti, while of course Tuks ends with adopted from Guatemala. Ve was singing Tuks song to Tuks tonight, while Tuks was singing Ve's song Ve. It was really cute.

We didn't go to the bible study tonight since Tuks spiked a fever of 102 today after she woke from her nap. She is ok tonight, but I thought it best to stay home to rest and get ready for thebusy week.

3 comments:

Janet said...

I have broke so many beaders trying to pull beads on braids that are to thick. I can only judge by the size of the braids in the picture but they look to thick for the beads. You will get the hang of it and love the style variation. I use to spend 4 to 5 hours on each head doing braids!

Unknown said...

yep i think they are too thick too. Ve's hair may be thicker than G's. But I did small box braids and styles with more braids frequently.

if you did 1/3x or twice as many braids as that the beads would fit on easily.

cute!!!

Marta said...

You did a good job despite the problems. Both of my girls have really thick hair and lots of it...oh boy...

My Travels