"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sunday Tradition



Once Tuks was older I started to make more elaborate meals in hopes of getting her to eat an all around diet. Since she was still so young she didn't eat much, and then she turned 2 - 3 and became picky in her chosen foods. Then Ve came home, and I had renewed hope in making even more elaborate meals. If you have read the previous posts you would quickly surmise that Ve is a picky eater, but getting better every day.

One Sunday, many weeks ago, about 4 or more after a day of sledding, Tuks suggested a supper of Popcorn, cheese and apple, a meal not totally made up by Tuks since we had this meal periodically before. Being exhausted, I said sure, it sounded like a well balanced meal to me, and so we ate it with out any fuss or resistance from either girl.

Fast forward to the present, it has now become a ritual and tradition for our Sunday supper. We all really like it. The mainstays are popcorn, apples, cheese, and then we add a various things like sausage, banana ETC., while I am making the popcorn and cutting the other foods, Tuks and Ve are moving the kids plastic table and chair into the living room. The place we eat this Sunday meal...I guess you can say we have created a new, yet simple tradition that we all love.

4 comments:

veggiemom said...

Sounds perfect!

Marta said...

Cute!

Isabelle said...

Hello Ve , here it is Sheilanda that just look at you and would like to speak with you, I'm happy to see you with your family, your little sister look nice. I miss you!
Sheilanda

Sarah said...

Yum! We do this for lunch quite a bit, but not with the popcorn. My kids will go gaga for that great idea :)

My Travels