"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hair Update4

I want to mention that I had a horrible week. It was bad at work and at home for a variety of reasons that I don't really want to get into, but now I can feel I am back to my old happy self. I like that A LOT!!

So I am up to share my weekly hair update. I did mange to talk with the owner of our local bead shop. She suggested using fishing line as an attachment to my threaders. It would be more durable and thinner thereby hopefully preventing me from breaking any more threaders. I will try that next week since this week is just puffs, sort of. I returned to my original standby hair style with big ponys. Hopefully not too big that Ve is uncomfortable. We'll see how it goes. I also noticed that her last weeks style became very dry, and I think it was because I didn't put enough gel in the hair while I was styling it. Hopefully this week I did a better job of it.

My friend who was born in Benin, bought me two more bottles of the leave in conditioner/gel. She laughed at me when she saw Ve's style this week. She said that I need to have a sit in session with her, her sisters and their daughters. I said I would LOVE to, so hopefully we can arrange that SOON!!! She also said my styles are getting a tiny bit better, but I have a long ways to go...I say, no kidding, tell me about it!! I really need hands - on help. I learn best through reading and watching/hands on. I need both, that is why emails and the yahoo hair group doesn't help me. I can't see the steps and quite frankly I am not even sure what all the terminology means. I need a teacher, who knows how to break this whole hair department down and teach me the steps, the terms and then let me try with my own hands. Yeah, I know I am needy here. So without further ado, here is Ve's style for the week.


Enjoying this weeks batch of Muffins. I alter the recipe a little each week to alter the taste and nutrient value. So far all has been a big hit with Ve, and an OK hit with Tuks.







4 comments:

Steph, G's Mom said...

good job! are you having fun doing hair? it's so fun seeing my doodads in Ve's hair each week LOL

i recommend a daily spritz with a spray bottle of water mixed with even just olive oil...or you can get jojoba oil or any natural hair oils. olive is fine too. shake it up and then spritz it on, make sure to get the ends esp if you leave it in puffs. you need to do something to the hair daily to keep it moist till you take it out again :)

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry you had a bad week. I hope this week is better. That is good that you were able to get some advice on the threaders. You may know about these hair Youtube videos http://www.youtube.com/Katelynylyn--I recently started watching them and it makes it a lot easier. I also do what Steph suggested and put hair oil and water in a spray bottle and shake it a little before spraying it on. It works a lot better than the pre-made sprays for us. Hang in there!!

veggiemom said...

Sorry you had such a rough week. Glad you're feeling better now. To my untrained eyes, Ve's hair looks really cute.

Marta said...

Sorry you had a crappy week. Hope this one is a whole lot better. Can relate!

My Travels