"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Give me a T..A..N..T..R..U..M..S..


This picture is from Christmas. She didn't like the antlers. It reveals how passionate she can be when she is telling me "whatnot" in her anger.






What does it spell..TANTRUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, we are in full blown tantrums now. She is expressing herself with maximum power.
Most times I find it funny, sometimes a bit frustrating. On Friday, according to my daycare provider she cried nearly all day..just feeling "whatever" deeply. I know this is true because it carried over into Friday night until we went biking and swinging, and then again early Saturday morning. It eventually evened out and now just periodically.. I noticed going outside and doing any sort of activity seems to help. But boy we are on the eve of the TERRIBLE TWOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah???? I know we must get through this in order to pass to the next phase..

2 comments:

Jane said...

You can't scare me with things like this - I'm too far along and too far gone to turn back now! Sounds like you have a good attitude about these little "fits" as we call them in the South.
Love your new header...I can almost smell the clean, fresh air!

Sarah and Tim said...

Hang in there, it truely does get better! I have a 12, 7, 2-1/2 and 1-1/2 year old, and by the time they are starting school, you wish those 2 and 3 year old days could return!

My Travels