"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

We Stayed Home


This is her this morning. Notice the swelling in the "good eye".

The swelling has creeped over into her other eye now. I fear she will wake from her nap with both eyes swelled shut. I actually want it to start oozing so that the swelling goes down. She is also actually a little grouchy today. The first I have seen a mood change since this all began. Her toddling is real off balance too. Suffice to say..she is a mess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy, What happened? Did Skylar get bitten by a spider?
Poor thing:(

Jeff

Anonymous said...

I just read your story on this. Can she, at her age, take an antihistimine, perhaps children's benedryl? If so that would help her a bunch. It will reduce itching & swelling!!

Jenn said...

Cindy, my older son had the exact tsmae thing and I mean exact! We took him to the Dr. and since he already had a couple bug bites the doctor assumed it was an allergic reaction from a mosquito bite. When he awoke from his nap his entire eye was swollen shut. I took him to my family doctor and he said it was actually an eye infection and he was put on abx. We alll thought it was a bug bite. Just thought I would give you the heads up in case the swelling doesn't go down. We caught it in time but much longer and he would have had to be admitted for IV abx and not just oral.

Jen

My Travels