"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, May 13, 2007

True Blessings on Mother's Day


Hawk, December 2006

I have GREAT Mother's Day news. Hawk is coming home to the orphanage. He is well enough to be released from the hospital, and several adoptive Moms are visiting the orphanage right now and hopefully they will be able to get some updated pictures. I have to prepare myself, because I hear he is thin, but other than that he is fine and doing well. YEAH. As for further news in my world, I have decided and prayfully let Katiana's referral go. For the last two weeks I have talked and discussed my two impending adoptions with many childcare professionals and everyone..everyone, said only pursue the adoption of one at this time, and then in a few years when everyone is attached well, and there is a nice routine to life, pursue a third child if I still have it on my heart to do so. They "the professionals" felt it what was best for all involved. I struggled with it for awhile and then I finally accepted the truth in their advice. Up until the point that I let Steph, the facilitator, know what I had decided I thought I'd be giving up Hawk's referral, but then at the last minute I told her just the opposite. Must of have the been the move of God because not even within 24 hours Katiana had another family commit to her. So all is well, and now this GREAT news about Hawk.


The other love of my life, May 2006

Yesterday was a good day around here. Owl received from me a little red riders wagon for her "family day" celebration gift and the she and I put it together. It was cute how busy she was thinking she was helping to build it. That is one other thing I have gotten good at since becoming a Mother. Building things by using the instructions. In the past I would usually call one of my brothers, BIL or male friends to come over and build items that I had bought that required assembling. But not anymore or for the last year. It is me all the way, and of course now me and Tuki. I want her to watch me be self-sufficient so that she knows she can do these type of things herself. Once again she pushes me to be a better person. Later my friend B, visited from a town 2 1/2 hours away and my friend E came over, and we cooked a great meal, and celebrated good friends and family. It was a day to last in my memory for some time. B is a very important person in Tuki's life. She was the person who came with me to Guatemala on my visit trip. So besides me, Barb was the first in my circle of family and friends to meet Owl.

Now, to finish up on my pick-up trip story from one year ago. It was a crazy and busy trip. After the embassy appointment, we stayed in Guatemala until the 16th. On the sixteenth, we flew home to the USA. Boy it felt good to land on American soil. We drove to Louisiana from the Houston airport. Owl and I stayed with my brother, his wife and daughter for three days. It was a relaxing and refreshing time. I started to enjoy her more and was a little less worried about the "just meet her needs" and started playing with her and doing all the fun parenting stuff. My brother's family loved spending time with her, especially her cousin E. It was good time. On the 20th we flew from Houston back to my home state. We spent the night at another friend's home and then the next day we drove 2 1/2 hours finally back to our home. AHHH, Home sweet home, nothing like it when you have been gone for a long time. Within the first 24 hours of arriving home, we both came down with the flu. Tuki just the diarrhea, and me vomiting and diarrhea. Now that was my true baptism into Motherhood. My step-mom stayed over night to help care for her while I was so sick. From that point on, it has all been up hill. Now being a mother feels like an "ole shoe". Comfortable and very normal.


Tuki and her Aunt D


Two things I think I did right for attachment, carried her on me in this Ergo carrier, and co-slept for 1 month.


Tuki and her foster family. They really loved and cared for her.


Tuki and her cousin E in Louisiana


Uncle J and Tuki on Embassy day

4 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I think you did the right thing. First of all, listening to the professionals. It is hard to trust someone else's word about your family, but in this case I am glad you saw their wisdom. Two adoptions at once would have been really hard on everyone. And second of all I am glad you clung to Gabryel - just because I feel a little attached to him myself LOL! God Bless Katiana and Praise God you already heard of her new family !!

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane said...

I know this was a hard, hard decision for you. Sometimes we just have to pray that things will turn out the way they're supposed to...Who knows what blessings (and challenges) are on the horizon?

Not Betty Crocker said...

I'm so glad your little guy is getting out of the hospital. I can't imagine what a hard decision it was to let Katiana's referral go but I think you are wise. Hope you're feeling peace over it all.

Lila

My Travels