"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, May 21, 2007

Update on my Angel




I need to apologize for no more new pictures from this weekend. Our various illnesses just ranneth over into the weekend and frankly taking pictures was the last thing on my mind. Tuki finally caught my cold and also had a mild flu virus. All achy, crying and just plain ornery. Just for me of course. When ever E spent time with her, she was as happy as a clam, she saved the grouchies for me. But I completely understood because I felt like crying, whining and being grouchy all last week. But I am an adult so I had to take drugs to help ease my symptoms............

A clarification for my "fillers" post from the other day. What I meant by "fillers" is that it was the intensity in mind and body throughout workouts and exercising that is required for triathlons, races and biathlons. The intensity kept my mind off of the lack of children and a marriage. I still love working out and running, I just don't let it dominate or obsess me because I don't need to fill a void. Not to say all people who do these type of activities do it to fill a void..I'm just speaking for myself.

Well a little update on Hawk......He is no longer at the hospital, but he is currently being cared for by his birthmom. I was a little confused and frightened when I heard this. I didn't want to get far into an adoption and then the birthmom change her mind,and I also didn't want to be the hand that forced a birthmom to place her child for adoption just because the adoption was almost finished. I was assured by the orphanage director that Hawk's birthmom really wanted him to be adopted so that he had a chance at a better life. He is still being cared for by her because he is still critical and she wanted some consistency in his life until he starts turning around. She figures another 1 1/2 months. Just about the time I am scheduled to visit him. The orphanage director is supplying all the diapers and formula and Hawk is brought back to the O every other day for vitamins and iron shots. If he is in similar physical condition as another boy that was in the hospital at the same time, then he probably weighs around 10 - 12 lb at 13 1/2 months. I know, very small. The birthmom has no real way to earn income and take care of all her children. It is hard to explain the circumstances in Haiti, if you are really interested you can email me and I will attempt to explain what I understand.

Today was a crazy day in the life of a single mother.........let's just say have back-up daycare..I'll be working on it this summer...........

No comments:

My Travels