"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, May 6, 2007

The Lady in Red........

is my niece M, the autocross racer.

We had a jammed packed weekend. First, Friday night I had a huge panic attack about the adoptions of Hawk and Katiana. Hawk, because I really need to make sure his malnourished state didn't cause any long term cognitive damage. I am hoping my mind will be put at rest during my visit in June. Plus several adoptive mothers are visiting the orphanage in May and they may be able to report any news about him back to me. Secondly, I panicked because Of Katiana's age, but all my fears concerning her have been laid to rest. I think it just built up on me because of sheer exhaustion from the week and no one to hash it over with. Don't worry, I'm OK now.

On Saturday my sister, her daughter and me and Owl went to our local annual Cultural Festival. It was nice, but over-crowded. It is becoming so popular that I think the organizers need to find a new place to hold it. Too many people in too small place causes stress to all. One really great find was directions to make a pinata. I'd like to do this for Tuki in a few years for her birthday. There was a booth for Guatemala, but none for Haiti.

Then today after church, we (Owl & me, my sister and her daughter, and my brother, M's father, and his friend) went to my niece's autocross race that was 50 miles west of my town. I had to leave church a little early so that we could make it in time to watch her first heat. The little girls did well for losing out on their nap times. Owl napped in the van both ways, but it only equalled 1 hour total. She also had a bugger of a weekend injury wise. She reacts REALLY bad to insect bites. They swell, and then ooze and pus for days. I basically live near a mosquito nursery (not really, but you know what I mean). Her pediatrician recommend a low dose of Claratin daily to help alleviate the problem. Well it isn't helping too well. I will have to recheck other options at her 18 month Dr. appointment. Plus Tuki fell and hit her head on an end table so now she has 1 mosquito bite over her left eye, one blood blister/bruise under her left eye and a bug reaction behind her right ear. POOR KID!!! But still smiley as ever............



M and her other baby. The first is her puppy Evo of course. She bought this car just to race with.

We saw one engine start on fire and two cars smash into the walls. Exciting day!!


At the starting line.


And she takes off!!!


Rounding a corner, and half-way through the course

Mommy and Tuki moment!!


The little ones playing.

1 comment:

Sarah and Tim said...

Outside of the bumps and bruises, sounds like a great weekend. Very exciting. Maybe you should start a Haiti booth? I pray you will find peace and rest throughout the rest of your adoption process!

My Travels