"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Where is Pollyana when I need her.












I try to be positive in all areas of my life. Sometimes so much so that others think I'm a little off when things get rough because I'm still try to focus on the good and not the bad. With that said, I will have to say that I have been struggling lately in the positive department.

My dossier is still not in Haiti (still being translated) and unfortunately the adoptive Moms that went to visit in Haiti were not able to see Hawk and get more pictures or examine him because he was still at the hospital this weekend, and I guess no visitors(?)are allowed. But I have been told he is a grasshopper baby, meaning a thin baby with long thin legs and arms due to his malnourished condition. He will improve, but just really skinny now.

Plus I have had various forms of illness now for over 3 weeks. Right now another cold, and of course I am fatigued because of it.

I also took Owl off of the benedryl, after a week of taking it, because her eye looked great, but then the bite wound started oozing this morning and when I picked her up from daycare, her eye was starting to swell AGAIN. So now she is back on benedryl. Will it ever go away?????

And I still am not done with catching up on all the weeds that took control of the gardens last year..........

I know trust in the Lord..I know I know, it is just hard sometimes!!!!!

Ok, enough complaining...I am going to look for Polly...........

1 comment:

Jane said...

Oh Miss Polly! I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it. From one Polly to another let me remind you of something that you probably tell other people - Deal with what you can and let the rest just roll off...and those weeds in the garden would be first to "roll off" my to do list!!
Get some rest first and maybe everything else will be easier to handle from there.

My Travels