"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Weekend


This weekend ended up becoming a fun filled-late night mosquito biting party. How you may ask.

Well as of Friday, I had no plans for this weekend except yard work and Tuki time. But on Saturday early evening my brother had a bonfire and invited the whole family and served snacks at his house. This is where the mosquito haven came in. Yes, it is even worse than my house. When I had last talked to him, we were not going to go outside because it was raining buckets. So I put Tuki in her P.J.'s because I knew we were going to be getting home past her bedtime. Plus I didn't bring bug spray because I didn't think we were going to be outside. Well we were outside, it had stopped raining, and before I had the chance of putting a wall of protection around her with the spray, she was bit at least 3 - 4 times. Yes, the skeetters are that bad. The good thing is the bites have oozed a little, but no other real reaction..maybe we are turning a corner with the bites....

Then on Sunday night, after church, my step-mom, Tuki's grandma had a cook out at her place. Again the whole family showed up. It was really quite cute because Owl's cousin N, who is one year older is really enjoying the time with "my Owl",. N also calls her "my baby". They both were giggling and laughing so much, it was really fun to watch them together. My sis says that N will lead Owl astray. I will have to agree. We all see risk taking tendencies in N, and a "willing to follow, puppy attitude" in Owl.... we arrived home late this night too..

Then today it was just me and Tuki, and I posted earlier about our morning. I also managed to weed most of one horrendously weedy garden, shave, and clip nails of two of my dogs for the summer, as well as all the other regular weekend stuff.

It was a good weekend, and one to remember again, that we live in a great country and to appreciate and not take for granted all the freedoms we have......and to be thankful for all the men and women who help protect our freedoms.
Happy Memorial weekend.

No comments:

My Travels