"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, July 14, 2007

High Aspirations!!!!!!!!!!!


Panda sleeping....and I am dreaming of high aspirations!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having a rough time blogging this week. I guess we are too busy just hanging out. We have developed a good routine for the day even though it seems to be low key. The morning we work out and hang out at the Y. Tuk loves to play with the other kids and she has turned into quite the welcome wagon. She says "hi" to everyone that walks into the room. It creates laughter in all the adults present so I think it encourages her to keep going with it. After we are home, she naps, (I work on my two classes) and then the afternoon usually involves some sort of romp around the neighborhood ending in a playground that has swings and slides.

Yesterday I made chicken/egg salad sandwich that was a hit for Tuki and me. The salad consisted of two chicken breasts cooked, two hard boiled eggs, miracle whip, diced onions, salt and pepper and prepared mustard. I usually just throw in seasonings and such and then do a taste test. I'm not great at following recipes...
I then served it with raw carrots, garden grown lettuce served on whole wheat bread. We both ate it all with delight. It was a quiet meal.

I think I found a way that I can make money for a third child. My sister talked to me last night and I have been pondering it all day. It has met the five criteria that are VERY important to me.

1. It does NOT harm the environment.
2. No Animals, wild or domestic, were used or harmed in any way.
3. It is healthy for the environment and human beings.
4. I can use it daily and it is effective.


The fifth criteria, is coming slowly and I'm letting it simmer (making sure it is all true and real) before I share. But the fifth requirement is that:

5. I really have to believe in it and be passionate about it.

There has been many opportunities I have let pass because all 5 areas were not met. I'm kind of excited about this. It could also possibly mean staying at home part time to be with my kids. It all depends on how much I want to get involved with it. Before I was a Mom, I never would have felt that was important. But, I LOVE being a Mom, and my only regret is not being able to spend more time with Tuki and then eventually Panda, and hopefully one more.........

I know, high aspirations........one can dream, pursue and then accomplish.... this is after all what America was founded on...wasn't it?????????

1 comment:

Jane said...

hmm...can't wait to see more about your work at home venture here. I've worked from home for the past 3 years and I really can't imagine ever going back to traditional job...especially after the baby comes! Good Luck!

My Travels