"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, July 20, 2007

Our Local Fair

This afternoon we went to our local county fair. I have never been to this particular fair before. It is small, but just the right size for Tuki and her age. She went on 4 rides, walked through the animal barns twice, she loved the cows the best. I of course loved the chickens best. If we lived in the country I would have bantam chickens, just like I did when I was growing up. We also ate fried cheese curds and had a malted milk shake. I wanted her to taste real "fair food".

She loved the day. We were informed that she is the youngest to have ever gone on the "motorcycle go around", and she went on it three times. Laughing and smiling and honking the horn, as she went round and round.

She was also fascinated by the tractors and plows. I think I may have a farm kid. I knew several people at the fair from FFA, Future Farmers of America, and the leaders told me that they haven't seen a child her age be so fearless with animals before. With my assistance she would walk up to the calves, and heifers lying down and pet their flanks, attempt to pet the turkeys, rabbits (I didn't let her get close to the rabbits teeth), goats and sheep. It was fun to watch because it brought back many wonderful childhood memories.

The only problem is that I forgot to bring the camera........oh well remember my earlier post on forgetting...enough said.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Okay, you are forgiven. Sounds like you both had an enjoyable day.
Gail

My Travels