"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm Losing it!!!!!!!!







That is weight of course..........

After we returned from out trip south, I have been running and biking nearly every day. I accumulate between 10 - 13 miles each day with the combo of the two work-outs. This morning I decided to bike to and from the Y, and then run, while Tuks joins in the children's fun room. We'll be biking again this afternoon to a playground.

Well my big surprise was.. when I stepped onto the scale..I have lost weight and I am toning up. No matter what I have tried, I have not been able to get in shape within the last 5 years.. Why you may ask.. well 2 things happened.

1. I turned 40, and only if you have turned 40, can you understand when I say..your body changes..quickly and down hill fast. The best way to describe it is..that your body starts aging at an accelerated rate. What ever you did prior to 40 to stay fit..DOES NOT.. hear me..DOES NOT work after 40.

2. The year I turned 40 was also the year I blew out the ACL, MCL and meniscus in my left knee. So that meant I didn't attempt to work out, per doctor's orders, for at least 7 months, while turning 40!!!!!!!

Ever since I have: dieted, (never has worked for me), exercised, but never to the same intensity as prior to SX, because my body for various reasons couldn't handle it. Not exercised, for 9+ months and then hit it hard hoping to stress the h*** out of my body, thereby losing the weight. It did work for a period of time, but then I started growing my family through adoption.........

which equals STRESSFUL, EMOTIONAL EATING.. you may know what I mean.
so the weight came back on..

Now this year, for whatever reason, I am pounding it after an exercise break, I am asking more from my body daily in regards to miles and an increased pace. And for whatever reason, this year, my body is responding with more strength, not tired and so far no injuries....I'm not sure why, but I'll take it.........

so for now I can happily say;
I LIKE losing it!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Great News!! I do understand about turning 40. I suddenly got a butt and hips I didn't have before. Now I also have that stomach that women have after giving birth. I HAVE NOT GIVEN BIRTH!!
Keep up the good work!
Gail

My Travels