"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Today....

at a lake located 40 minutes east of us.
I am not much of a swimmer, but I have decided that I will not let my lack of enthusiasm for it influence Tuki. Therefore, since I had bought a bunch of swimmeret diapers, I have committed to using all before the summer is out..Remember I am frugal. Anyway there are six more diapers left, not counting the 3 we need for the rest of her swim lessons.


My favorite photo..she is so lost in her thoughts


Playing in the sand. She is not sure if she likes how it sticks to her. I have discovered she does not like things that cling to her skin.


Notice the guy in the background? I happen to know he is single, and he was at the lake with his nephews, and he knew me and came up and said, "you're .... aren't you? I remember seeing you around school." But, before he came and talked to me, I had already noticed him, not because I knew him but I couldn't help but notice his BODY.... I know naughty of me. The picture of Tuks is good too. Oh, by the way, I found out later that he was in the picture...yeah..really!!








What's in the pail??




















She doesn't go anywhere without her duckie..........

8 comments:

Story of our Life said...

She is soo beautiful!!!!

Our Family of 5 said...

She is absolutely stunning!
Lisa
http://our-journey-for-sophia.blogspot.com/

Jenn said...

She is such a cutie!! Do you think she is going to like being the little sister?

Jane said...

Doesn't a little bit of beefcake make the lake ANY more appealing? lol.
That girl is adorable! I know, tell you something you don't already know...The sand pics...We have a similar one of my sister at age 2 at the beach - feet and legs raised off the sand and arms up for someone to get her because she didn't want sand to touch her body! And she feels pretty much the same way as an adult!

Mandy said...

I'm suprised there aren't any pictures of your little fish in the water. She looks like she's having so much fun.

Asha has the very same duck at her grandma's house and loves it too.

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

What beautiful photos of your little cutie! And eye candy is always an added bonus, too ;) Being a frugal one myself--did you know that you can put the swim diapers in the dryer if they haven't pooed in them? It sounds gross at first, but when you think about it, they really only hold poo in--since they are non-absorbent, urine just kind of flows right out of them at some point (which is why I'm always telling my kids, don't drink the pool water!). You can hand wash them and then just pop it in at low heat--the moms on my frugal living board taught me this trick! I am always so disdained at the cost so I try to make them last as long as possible. This year I bought the reusable one at Target for $5.99 and it works great and is cute to boot!
-Sarah, www.5frozenchamorros.blogspot.com

Sarah and Tim said...

These are great pics!

My Travels