"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Davidson - Hawk

Davidson (aka Hawk to me)

Two weeks ago I made a commitment to adopt Davidson.

I had originally thought my second adoption was going to be from Ethiopia. You see I've been there, over 6 years ago. I traveled to Uganda, Ghana and Ethiopia on a missions trip. We were there for over 3 1/2 weeks. Africa is a beautiful continent, yet it is very impoverished. There is such a need there for help on so many levels. I remember feeling heavy, not knowing where to begin to help. It was quite overwhelming, yet the people are so warm, kind and beautiful. They carry a joy and contentment that I will probably never fully understand. Yet, in knowing all this, I just never had peace about adopting from there, at least not at this time. I have learned never to say never.

Then a friend of mine mentioned Haiti. I started doing my research and I found my son. I felt peace. He is a handsome guy that will be 1 year old on April 5, 2007. Haiti is also only a hop, skip and jump from Guatemala. It will be quite do-able to return to both of my kids birth countries affordably several times throughout their life times. Check out a map and see what I mean.

Why not Guatemala again?? Well right now the adoption laws of Guatemala are in the process of changing, and I want to start now so that Tuki's sibling is close in age. He will be...since he is only 4 months younger than her.I am adopting from Haiti independently. This means I am not using an agency for the process. So far it has been a cake walk..I hope it continues to be. The Haiti adoptive parent community is extremely helpful..The process is different that Guatemala. It will take a year from the time that my paperwork arrives in Haiti. I hope to get it there by mid-May at the latest, so the soonest he could be home is next May. It will be a long long long wait. Please don't ask unless I bring it up..it does get painful to keep saying I don't know when he will be home. I will try to keep everyone posted through this blog as best as I can.

Today was great. It was close to 50 degrees outside. We went for a long walk and soon we'll be able to take the dogs to the dog park again. My friend has been taking them on weekends so they can get a good romp in at least once a week. Otherwise they have to be content with the enclosed yard. Not the same to them!!!

2 comments:

Sarah and Tim said...

Hi, My name is Sarah. I too belong to the H yahoo group. I just love Davidson, I am so happy for you! I too am an adoptive mother of 2. I wish you all the best in you adoption journey.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad to see photos of your little ones on your blog! What absolutely beautiful kids! I'm a LAAF mom to Guatemalan Samuel, by the way. Best wishes for a speedy process with Davidson!

My Travels