"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Three Amigos & sMurph

The family:

My dogs are the best place for me to start. I have 3, 1 doberman and 2 scorgies (scottish terrier and corgi) who happen to be litter mates. All males. I have only owned male dogs, not sure why. Isaac, the dobie is 8 years old, (came to live with me at 7 1/2 weeks) weighs in over 120 lbs and is the sweetest, dog who posses a lot of intelligence but little common sense. Heathcliff is the alpha of the group, he is 4 years old (came to live with me at 12 weeks), brindle and he is smart, a lot of common sense yet as stubborn as they come. Einstein is the litter mate, he came to live with me at 11 months. He is sweet, kind, food driven yet has trust issues with anyone that does not belong to the "family"..which to him means the other dogs, me, Tuki (nickname for daughter) and the cat sMurph. Now the cat, who's real name is Murphy, but has been changed to sMurph because he is so small and actually thinks he is a dog is 1 years old, loves Tuki to death and vice versa and is the boss of us all, but we are ok with it......

Tuki, is 15 1/2 months old, came home at 5 1/2 months, and just started walking.. and yes I am glad. She is the love of my life and I can't imagine a day without her. She and I are a perfect fit..it is so cute.when we are outside, she will actually look up in the sky, look at the trees and point, and say in her babble that she wants me to tell her about the birds that are singing...So we stop our business, listen and then talk about the birds... Did you hear the calls...the birds are returning for the breeding season..I heard the geese yesterday, it was a melodic call that stirs an excitement in the soul.

No comments:

My Travels