"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Look to the birds

First I must brag about my nephew who was named National athlete of the year for his distance running.

I see good things for Tuki in the future as well. She can stuff a register full of pens, paper, and any other tidbits faster than anyone I know. She can stick her hands in to the toilet bowl and then in to her mouth with lightening speed. (Note to self, bathroom doors are closed at all times), and finally she has learned to climb the stairs before she has totally conquered walking. Boy oh boy, I am in for a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all her milestones I am beginning to see why people ask "do you have any help?, no, you're doing it all by yourself"!! I have to explain that beside my daycare provider and my friend E that spends time with her on a weekly basis, that yes, it is by myself. I never understood what the big deal was,I kept thinking "what am I doing wrong since motherhood isn't overwhelming me like everyone tells me it should" but now with her new antics, I think I get it. It is non-stop movement between night time and nap times...

I have sort of a dilemma. I had planned on re-naming Davidson; but then my niece told me that the name looks very feminine.


Most of my paperwork has been solicited for and/or I have it in hand for my homestudy and my dossier. My first homestudy visit is this Sunday. I am using the same social worker that had done the post placement visit for Skylar, so actually she has been here before. She thinks she should only have to come for one visit and then wait for all the paperwork to arrive. Hopefully it will take one month at the most for it to be completed.

Spring Update: I saw a crow carrying nesting material and then landed in a conifer early this morning....YAHH WHOOO, just ignore the snow that is forecasted and pay attention to the birds....

1 comment:

Sarah and Tim said...

I like Gabryl. Just my Opinion

My Travels