"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Singing in Joy


It has been a fun filled last two days.

Last night after work, Tuki and I went to our high school's track meet. I use to coach track, but now just coach cross country running. I love both sports, but with Tuki and then GDRE, I feel that I only have time to coach one of them. Cross country running is in the fall for only 10 weeks of the school year, so it is quite do-able. Track is a much longer season, but I do enjoy going to the meets and I want to share my enthusiasm for track and running with my kids. So far the team looks good.

Then today, my sis, her daughter, Tuki and I went to the state basketball games. We only stayed for 1 game because it was a trial year with the girls being so young. I would have to say that the girls did well, so we will plan to go next year.

Owl did well at both events. I marvel at her sometimes. She is the most easy going, mild mannered, and flexible child I have had the privilege of knowing. She has mastered the contented peace in all situations. She emits a calm, yet joyous presence at all times. I have always wanted that in myself, but have never gotten there. Did I happen to mention she is a great kid!!!!

Well my homestudy fell through because the social worker that I was counting on emailed me stating that she was moving and won't be able to complete it. I can't believe she'd do that 1 day before the meeting. So my Homestudy agency assigned to me the original social worker that lives over two hours away. I really liked her, but I was hoping to avoid the travel costs...oh well an extra cost. I need to call her tonight to reschedule a new day.

We did receive the snow storm Thursday night so the birds have been more quite the last few days, or I have been too busy. That is the thing about simple pleasures in life, such as listening to bird calls, if you are in too much of a hurry you miss out on some of the greatest pleasures that life has to offer. Remember what the scriptures says..look to the sparrows and flowers, they don't worry about what they will eat or what they will wear, they look to God to provide all things, and they go through life singing in joy!!!!

No comments:

My Travels