"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sweet Sixteen..months


Miss Owl turned 16 months old today!! She is quite an amazing little girl too. Yesterday, it was rather cool, I'd say about 30 degrees cooler than the day before. All last week and early this week we'd take a walk or run outside every day, but since it was so cold yesterday I had decided that we would forgo the outside excursion. Well...Tuki had other ideas..She took her brown romp-around shoes out of her bag, and attempted to put them on. I ended up putting them on her feet and then immediately she picked up her coat and brought it to me and kept hugging me..her way of saying she wants something. So we went walking around outside.

Then this morning I was putting on my shoes to get ready to leave the house. She was trying to put her coat on, because she was getting ready to leave as well. So I said "Owl, go get your milk in the living room before you put your coat on", then I repeated it and said "go get your milk". She pointed over my shoulder and said something?? and I looked and there her milk was. She understands so much and now she responds in her understanding. It is so cute!!!

I heard news today that GDRE is getting better and stronger every day...A friend whom has been praying for him said she received in prayer that he has a real drive to live.. I believe that..I can't wait to meet him. I bet he will be something.. and he and Skylar together will be a blast, that is after his adjustment period.

Speaking of adjustment; last night I ordered three books from Amazon.
1.Toddler Adoption: The Weaver's Craft
2.Does Anybody Else Look Like Me?: A Parent's Guide to Raising Multiracial Children
3.I'm Chocolate, You're Vanilla: Raising Healthy Black and Biracial Children in a Race-Conscious World

I decided I need to get going and start reading on how to teach my kids how to handle other people's racism. I think sometimes, it is not a big deal, but then I run into someone that makes a very derogatory comment about people of color and I realize I need to arm my children to handle these comments without damaging their self-esteem. Is it possible?? I sure hope so..

Two night ago, we heard the chorus frogs and wood frogs singing and then the next night the spring peepers joined them. It is a beautiful serenade. To me, it is one of the most beautiful sounds on earth. Spring is here, the earth is waking up and with it the frogs are stirring and getting ready to produce the next generation...Love in its simplest form.

On the next warm night, go outside and listen....you can't miss them and then sit back, breathe deeply, relax and enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi C:
I really enjoyed reading your blogs. You have a nice way of describing your thoughts and life with Skyler and the adoption process to bring Davidson into your family. Your circumstance of being a single mother with international children is an interesting story. I also like the photos you post. Skyler is very photogenic. I'll come back often to see how you are doing!

My Travels