"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, March 19, 2007

Let's play bang the sippy


My first day off as a SAHM for 1 week. I love it. I had said to my friends last fall that if I had a choice I would have stayed home with Owl for several years and then went back to work. This was a surprise to me, since I never would have thought I'd feel that way. But no choice, since I am the only income in this family. I do try to make the most of my days with her.

Today was an awakening as to the new phase Tuki is in. I had to change her clothes three times, once when she woke up, secondly, when she spilled milk all over herself because she managed to bang the stopper out of the sippy cup. This is her new game "BANG THE SIPPY". I don't like the game but that doesn't seem to slow her down with it. Then the third clothes change came in when I thought I had set up all the gates, closed all the doors etc., to give her free reign. But, no not so smart mama forgot to pick up the dog's water bowl and Tuki isn't picky..it can be the toilet bowl or dog bowl..water is water and it feels good and wet!!!

Oh yes, did I mention that she obtained her first goose egg on the back of her head when she fell backward into the van on Saturday and then Sunday just before church she fell and hit her right side of her face on my bed frame. She currently has a cut above her eye.

I digressed, Anyway, so once I had her changed for the last time I took her to a new neighborhood play area. She loved it and we would have stayed awhile but there is a fierce north west wind that makes the temperature of 43 degrees on the bank board appear to be lying. It was cold, so we packed up and drove to a Reserve, a nice wooded area left natural for nature enthusiasts. I thought a little micro climate made by the trees would cut the wind. It was a great idea, and it was much warmer...except I took the regular stroller instead of the jogging stroller..wheels are completely different sizes. We had quite the time getting through the few areas where there was still snow. But we had fun. She of course took it all in stride.

If you aren't a dog person you probably won't appreciate or enjoy the picture of Tuki, Einstien and Heathcliff. The dogs are in a very comfortable, all is well with the world posture...bellies to the air and Tuki is focused on her favorite purple dinosaur that was playing on the TV. Typical scene at my house.

My new homestudy appointment is this Friday. I have worked with this sw before so I'm not too worried. Actually the last time she was here my house was all torn up due to a remodeling project and she ok'd me so it should go well. I also found out that there is another person in my home town that is adopting from Haiti. So cool..hopefully we can get the kids together once they are home.

Spring Update: we saw robins yesterday, heard the Coopers and Pileated again, but still no true test that spring has permanently arrived..that is my resident chipmunk comes out of hibernation, and the appearance of my Phoebe back from the south.

No comments:

My Travels